Latest version of the company's flagship graphics software.
Corel has introduced CorelDraw Graphics Suite X7, the latest version of its flagship graphics suite. CorelDraw X7 features multi-core and native 64-bit support (allowing users to run multiple applications and process large files) as well as a redesigned and customizable user interface, plus enhanced fill capabilities.
Specific features include:
• Workspace selection: Users can choose between six pre-set workspaces – Lite, Default, Classic, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Advanced Page Layout, or Advanced Illustration.
• Customization: The workspace can be tailored to reflect workflow, by adding or removing dockers, tools, and other items.
• Fountain fills: Users have total control over fills and transparency – create elliptical and rectangular fountain fills, control transparency within the individual colors of a fountain fill, repeat fills within objects and adjust a fill’s angle, etc.
• Font playground: Allows for browsing and experimenting with fonts.
• Multiple document interface: Users can work with and switch between numerous documents, across multiple monitors, in a tabbed view.
• Photo-editing tools in Photo-Paint: Images can be created with pressure-sensitive liquid tools (Smear, Attract and Twirl) and camera effects (Bokeh blur, Sepia Toning and Time Machine).
• Monitor support: The interface can be adapted for touchscreen capability, and it supports high-dpi monitors.
• QR code generator: Ability to create customized QR codes that feature colors, images, and text; also ensure the QR code is valid for all mobile devices.
• Built-in content exchange: An online repository of vector, bitmap, and fountain fills, integrated with Corel Connect, allows for collaboration with other users.
CorelDraw Graphics Suite X7 includes: CorelDraw X7; Photo-Paint X7 (image editing); PowerTrace X7 (bitmap-to-vector tracing); Connect X7 (for browsing digital content); Website Creator (website design); Capture (screen capture); PhotoZoom Pro 3 (export, enlarge digital images); and ConceptShare (collaboration tool). Also included are: 10,000 clip-art and digital images, 2000 high-resolution digital photos, 1000 OpenType fonts, 350 professionally designed templates, 2000 vehicle templates, 800 frames and patterns, training videos, and more.
Price: $499 for the full version, perpetual license ($199 for the upgrade); subscription price is $24.95/month ($198/year). A Premium Membership can be added to the perpetual license ($99/year), which provides early access to new features, exclusive content, and more.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.