User login

Get me going in the right direction Please!!!!

Posted on Thu, 23 Sep 2004 at 23:22

Can anyone tell me what process is used to make vehicle manufacturer decals, for example Chevy's Z 71 or Ford's FX 4 or any other like it. I have been chasing my tail with this project. I am trying to land this huge job and I went today with digitally printed graphics. They looked great from a distance, but up close you can see the lines where it was digitally printed. Plus the graphics were thicker than they liked.I think the thickness is mostly a result of the lamination. I stopped by a dealership on the way home and checked out some of the trucks on their lot. Their graphics are thin, solid color(no stripes from printing) and were VERY glossy. That is what I need to make my potential customer happy. But HOW is that done. Is it thermal transfer with no laminate? Is it thermal transfer with a super thin laminate or frog juice? Is it digitally printed with a machine that won't appear to be digitally printed? Or is it screenprinted with or without a laminate?

Oh by the way, If it should be screenprinted(which I am now thinking it is), It is only Black ink with solid lines and a bunch of shadowing. So that should make the screen process relatively easy.

Another catch, the graphics are about 3.5 inches by 208 inches.And they could be broken in areas if necessary at the fender/door/bed if needed to get it on one screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Quotes are wanted too!!!! or 678-300-9467, If you call from out of area,I will call you right back so I will incur the long distance charge.

Location of Opportunity or Item

Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.