Responsible for setting up and operating semi-automatic flatbed screen printing press as well as roll to roll screen printing presses. In addition, knowledge and experience in the operation of flexo printing machinery is a plus. Operator will produce printed products such as hot split and cold peel transfers using various ink systems and processes according to written and/or verbal work instructions, established company procedures, safety, and quality guidelines. Incumbent should be capable of solving printing problems, making adjustments to mechanical operation of press to keep quality, registration, color, and production speed at optimum. Must have good understanding of inks, solvents, and can print line, halftone, and four-color copy on a variety of substrates by performing the following duties personally or through assistant personnel. In addition, hands on experience in screen make-ready and ink formulation is a very big plus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Receives production order and job assignments from supervisor. Reads order to verify quantity to be run, overrun tolerance, color sequence, and substrate and other critical success factors for the particular job.
• Obtains substrate, screens, ink, squeegee, and related supplies needed to produce job.
• Sets up press according to work instructions, established company guidelines, safety, and job requirements.
• Prints proof sheets to check press setup, registration, ink viscosity, and color.
• Secures supervisors first article approval for production run.
• Sets dryer for proper drying or cure.
• Prints job maintaining optimum production rate, color density, registration, and quality standard within company and customer guidelines, and makes press adjustments as required.
• Solves printing problems.
• Prints line, halftone, and four-color copy on a variety of substrates.
• May be responsible for directing the work of a press helper.
• Completes production run including overruns and production samples.
• Completes production records.
• Ensures proper cleanliness of press, work station, and immediate press area by returning unused ink to ink room, removing trash, rags, and extra press sheets.
• Trains press helper to operate press.
This position may lead to a supervisory position in the future.
Please submit your resume to Jim Paradise via email address email@example.com
The position is located in Niagara Falls, NY
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.