My company is interested in developing a scale that helps the printer mix ink. From conversations with offset printers and ink manufacturers it was suggested that the pad and screen printing industry might be interested in such a device.
I'd love to hear from anyone that has ever mixed ink and was frustrated by the process or had an idea of how ink mixing could be improved upon. Here are a few questions that come to mind.
1. How much ink do you mix at one time?
2. How often do you mix ink in a typical week?
3. What kind of accuracy do you need (e.g. 1/10 gram)?
4. Do you often have to modify the PMS (or other color guide) formulas?
5. How do you presently mix ink?
6. Do you keep a database of ink formulas?
7. What features should a scale have to ideally suit your needs?
Thanks in advance for any and all comments.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.