User login

What is the BEST frame adhesive for 380 mesh????

Posted on Tue, 8 Mar 2005 at 22:08

Back when I did t-shirts I always used solvent based frame adhesive and it always worked well. That was with a 110 mesh. Now I'm also doing signs using UV inks and I use 380/31 mesh for everything. I stretch my screens at 20/n cm^2 but I find the adhesive is too thick to keep that fine mesh down tight and takes a long time to dry.

I've heard of UV frame adhesive but haven't heard if they work or not. What kind of exposure system would I need for this to work?

What do you people think is the best thing to use for a 380 mesh? Solvent for UV adhesive? What's the best stuff to use for UV ink???

Location of Opportunity or Item

Comments

Anonymous says: Hi Thymes, I use a KIWO product called HMT 1000.I use it on mesh counts from 155,64 micron to 460,27 micron with no problem. I stretch my screens to 28 Newton’s. After they stabilize they ...

Hi Thymes,

I use a KIWO product called HMT 1000.I use it on mesh counts from 155,64 micron to 460,27 micron with no problem. I stretch my screens to 28 Newton’s. After they stabilize they are at about 23 to 24 Newton’s, and will remain at that tension for the rest of the screens life. The mesh will usually rip before the glue lets go.

Hope this helps,

Best regards Peter Duff.

posted on: Tue, 03/08/2005 - 11:19pm
Anonymous says: Yep! The Kiwo stuff is what we use. Works well, no smell, comes off the frames faily easily, if it lets go its usually the person that put it on that caused it. There are others but I have found this ...

Yep! The Kiwo stuff is what we use. Works well, no smell, comes off the frames faily easily, if it lets go its usually the person that put it on that caused it. There are others but I have found this to one of the better ones, if not the best.

posted on: Wed, 03/09/2005 - 6:36pm

Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.