3 New HP Latex Printer Models
Third-generation machines geared toward unattended printing.
HP has added three models to its Latex printer series: the 560, 570, and 1500.
The HP Latex 560 and 570 printers include features geared toward unattended printing, such as a spindleless pivot table; automatic skew adjustment for faster roll loading; heavy-duty roll handling up to 121 lbs; and a status beacon that can be monitored from a distance. The 64-in. 500 series images up to 248 sq ft/hr, and HP reports that its vivid print mode provides 50% more ink density. Additional features include a wiper roller accessory for printing on banners and self-adhesive vinyl; access to ink and media loading from the front of the printer; and the HP Latex Mobile app.
The 126-in. HP Latex 1500 prints up to 800 sq ft/hr via 1200-dpi HP Thermal Inkjet printheads. The machine offers automatic nozzle replacement, an optical media advance sensor, and an embedded spectrophotometer. HP also reports that prints are dry and scratch resistant immediately after printing. Additional features include 5-L ink cartridges, an LED-lit print zone, an internal print server, and a status beacon for remote monitoring.
Users can also choose from a variety of options for the 1500 model, including:
• A dual roll kit for simultaneous production on rolls up to 64 in.;
• Inline postpress slitters;
• A roll-to-freefall kit, which allows users to start finishing prints while the roll is still being printed;
• A double-sided day-night kit for printing double-sided backlit applications;
• And an ink collector kit for porous substrates such as textiles and mesh banner.