ISA Releases Quarterly Economic Report
Examines future trends and market shifts in the sign industry.
ISA has released the Sign Industry Quarterly Economic Report - Q3 2017, an economic analysis evaluating upcoming market shifts by key segments and future trends in the sign industry. Compiled by HIS and Vandiver Associated and sponsored by the National Association of Sign Supply Distributors, the report assesses the printing and electrical/digital signage supplier markets and the electric/digital signage and architectural signage end markets with commodity forecasts into 2019. Forecasts detail market size, sales data, and key business drivers.
Highlights from the report include:
• US economic growth is reported, with real gross domestic product (GDP) rising at a 2.6 percent annual rate – more than double the first quarter’s 1.2 percent.
• The recent economic expansion was fueled by growth in personal consumption, business fixed investment, and net exports.
• Sign, graphics, and visual communications companies stand to benefit from the economic growth with an increase in business investment driving an increase in the supply industry.
• Increased production of large-scale LCD, LED, and OLED displays has driven an increase in the end market for digital signage.
• The report expects architectural signage to dip through the rest of 2017 before seeing a rise in 2018.
The full report and a webinar providing an overview of the report are available at signs.org/quarterlyreport.