OE-A Announces Winners of Demonstrator Competition and Start-Up Forum
Including a printed loudspeaker and a poster for air quality measurement.
The Organic and Printed Electronics Association (OE-A, www.oe-a.org) announced the winners of the fifth annual demonstrator competition earlier this month at LOPEC (www.lopec.com), the Munich exhibition and conference for printed electronics. Chosen from 19 demonstrator submissions, the winners are:
• Best Prototype/New Product: 3D-touchslider – Heraeus Deutschland GmbH
• Best Freestyle Demonstrator: piezoelectric transparent loudspeaker – CEA Liten, Piezotech Arkema
• Best Publicly Funded Project Demonstrator: gas-detecting safety labels – AP3le consortium, funded by the European Union
• Best Design Concept: luminescent scaffolding wrap – faculty of Textile and Clothing Technology, Niederrhein University of Applied Sciences
• Public Choice Award: wine tester – CETEMMSA
OE-A also awarded two start-up forum prizes to young companies that presented the most impactful technology or product. The winners are Robert Even, ClearJet, 3D-Copper Ink, and Dr. Patrick Galliker, Scrona, Inkjet-Printing at the Nanoscale.